Project Momentum

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Hey Kzu,

With the most recent check-in being back in April, it seems Funq has lost its momentum a bit. That's understandable given your other work in the open source community as well as your day job.

How can we help get Funq moving again? Would you be willing to add a few other people as contributors?

At the very least, the "IsRegistered" patch that I submitted and the easy registration code from mythz would round out the project to the point where it would be usable (for me at least) in a production app.

Matt

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2009 at 11:47 PM
Thanks Matt. 
I want to make sure we don't make it easy for devs to shoot in their foot. Easy registration is awesome for .NET apps, but it will perform poorly on .NET CF apps. At the very least, we should add a big warning statement in the <summary> for the methods that implement that functionality.

And I'm fine with adding more contributors, definitely! Is mabster your codeplex alias?

/kzu

--
Daniel Cazzulino | Developer Lead | XML MVP | Clarius Consulting | +1 425.329.3471

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 00:05, mabster <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey Kzu,

With the most recent check-in being back in April, it seems Funq has lost its momentum a bit. That's understandable given your other work in the open source community as well as your day job.

How can we help get Funq moving again? Would you be willing to add a few other people as contributors?

At the very least, the "IsRegistered" patch that I submitted and the easy registration code from mythz would round out the project to the point where it would be usable (for me at least) in a production app.

Matt

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (funq@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email funq@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 3, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Yep, mabster here on codeplex (and everywhere else).

Will easy registration even work on CF? For some reason I was under the impression that the necessary bits weren't part of the compact framework. Regardless, it's only a performance hit at registration time, right? Or have I got that wrong?

I don't think I'll be able to contribute as strongly as some of the other guys around here - I'm not very confident with svn etc. Anything I can do to help, though, just let me know. I'm very excited about Funq.

Matt

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:10 AM
mabster wrote:

Will easy registration even work on CF? For some reason I was under the impression that the necessary bits weren't part of the compact framework. Regardless, it's only a performance hit at registration time, right? Or have I got that wrong?

For what it's worth, I just tried adding the "easy registration" code to my compact-framework build of Funq, and it doesn't compile (since the System.Linq.Expressions namespace doesn't exist on the CF).

My suggestion would be to introduce easy registration exactly how another_dave wrote it - as an extension method - and only include the extension class file in the desktop (and Silverlight?) projects. Those of us on the compact framework can do it the "hard" way. ;-)

Matt