Status of the project

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Hi all,

I'm wondering which is the status of the project.

I saw there was a 1.0 release in October, but I have seen very little going on in this discussion group.

Also I don't understand if this is just a PoC or a really production-grade IoC container: I can't find any documentation on how to used it beside the basic features:

Container container = new Container();
container.Register<IClimbingTools>(c => new QuickDraws());
container.Register(c => new Climber(c.Resolve<IClimbingTools>()));
var climber = container.Resolve<Climber>();

Is there something else I am missing? Most IoC container have features to select dependencies based on conditions: in Funq do we have to define all these conditions ourselves in the factory parameter of the Register method?

In the intellisense I found a IFunqlet interface, but I didn't find any method that accept is a parameter: my understanding is that the Funqlet should contain the "configuration" of a specific module of your app (like a Module in Ninject), but how do I provide it to the container?

Thank you

Simone

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2010 at 3:38 PM

There is a sample in the source code that shows funqlets. They basically configure a container for you.

This is production quality. It's the IoC used by the p&p guidance on building WP7 apps, for example.

There is a new feature coming which will do the automatic registrations based on MEF Import/Export attributes, at *built-time*, so that it continues to be blazingly fast at runtime for mobile use (or desktop/server).

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:31 PM

OK, I'll have a look at the sample code.

I was exactly planning to use it with WP7, to avoid all the reflection that might slow the WP7 app a bit too much

Thx

Simone

Dec 8, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Sorry, in the samples I only found the "Performance" sample... which sample are you referring to?