Will there be CF binaries in the release?

Mar 3, 2009 at 9:13 PM
Hi Kzu,

One of the things that attracted me to Funq in the first place was that you were designing it from the ground up to be compact framework compatible.

I notice that the release builds have a desktop framework assembly and a Silverlight assembly. Will you be including a compact framework assembly as part of the standard build as well? Perhaps a "Funq.Mobile.dll" or "Funq.m.dll"?

Cheers,
Matt
Coordinator
Mar 3, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Edited Mar 3, 2009 at 10:35 PM
The official Funq CF release will be the p&p ContainerModel Mobile App Block. Code you write for the p&p version is 100% compatible with Funq (save the #if for the using namespace import).

I'll ask them if there's any problem shipping a CF version of Funq too, though...

/kzu
Mar 3, 2009 at 10:41 PM
Yeah that'd rock. I haven't been following the other project so I'm not as confident in incorporating that vs just adding a reference to Funq in my CF application.

It'll be Windows Mobile 2003 compatible, right? Should only need .NETCF 3.5?
Coordinator
Mar 3, 2009 at 10:52 PM
The p&p release is even compatible with CF 2.0 :)

/kzu

Mar 3, 2009 at 11:05 PM
Oh, of course! I hadn't thought of that - you're not using extensions methods etc, just plain old lambdas. Very nice!

Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 10:52 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Will there be CF binaries in the release? [funq:49109]

The p&p release is even compatible with CF 2.0 :)

/kzu

May 7, 2009 at 12:29 AM
Hey kzu,

Did you hear back from the MAB folks? I still think it would make my life easier if the binary download for Funq included Funq.mobile.dll alongside the existing Funq.dll and Funq.Silverlight.dll.

Matt
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2009 at 11:28 AM
Been talking about this with p&p.
I think it will be OK to have those.

/kzu

--
Daniel Cazzulino | Developer Lead | XML MVP | Clarius Consulting | +1 425.329.3471

Coordinator
Jul 29, 2009 at 9:25 AM

could anyone send a patch with those? haven't had time to do anything here :(

Oct 2, 2009 at 3:41 AM

I've managed to compile a CF Funq DLL, so if anyone desperately wants it drop me an email (mabster -at- madprops.org).

I'm not up to speed with the way Kzu lays out his project/sln structure, so I'm not in a position to contribute a patch for it. Besides, I'm still waiting for my last patch to be accepted! :)

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2009 at 3:45 AM
ups!!!

/kzu

--
Daniel Cazzulino | Developer Lead | XML MVP | Clarius Consulting | +1 425.329.3471

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 00:41, mabster <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I've managed to compile a CF Funq DLL, so if anyone desperately wants it drop me an email (mabster -at- madprops.org).

I'm not up to speed with the way Kzu lays out his project/sln structure, so I'm not in a position to contribute a patch for it. Besides, I'm still waiting for my last patch to be accepted! :)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (funq@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email funq@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com